Posted to sci.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
jasen jasen is offline

Default Do failing LEDs flicker?

On 2006-07-13, Fred Mann wrote:

You can replace the neon bulb itself, but take note of the series
resistor and size of the envelope (for example):

http://www.chefung.com/neon/neon.html

If you mismatch the resistor and the neon you'll either get too little
light or shorten the lifetime.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks! Is my local electronics store likely to have a replacement?

that depends on how good they are.

If so,
will the resistor be matched up with the bulb when I buy it, or do I have to
bring the original resistor in (I accidentally chopped it in half trying to
bypass it -- don't ask).
Thanks yet again!!!!!
Fred

it may be easier (but not cheaper) to replace the whole switch with another neon illuminated
switch.

OTOH you should be able to get the data on your replacement neon so you can
pick the apropriate resistor for it and the voltage it's supplied from.

--

Bye.
Jasen