Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:04:49 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=643392004

As the dodgy dossier made clear, energy policy is a reserved matter
but the Scottish Executive is fully responsible for planning.

Generation at present is minuscule.

Not quite.

What do you believe the number of industrial windmills

Pejorative term.

to be to generate the aspired to 20% of electricity or
the 50% that will be required? How many Supergrid pylons are there?

Figures already given.

Nobody is suggesting generating 50% of electricity from wind farms.
At present prices the costs would be very high.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh