Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:12:11 +0100, Andy wrote
(in article ):

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

This of course depends on the questions that are asked. If you were to
ask
whether people mind about them when they have seen the present scaling
levels
and there are a few on a distant hillside a long way from where they live,
am sure that most people would have no objection. Reason? It doesn't
affect
them directly and they are Not In My Back Yard.
Change the question and ask whether they mind when they are at the bottom
of
the garden or in large numbers across a lot of open country and the
reaction
will be very different.

I am not sure that it would. I am currently siting no more than a couple of
hundred metres from one of the largest wind turbines in the country. The
opinions of people here are are very polarised - they either love it or
detest it. I don't think that the pro/anti ratio has changed much since
before it was built, and those in favour want more built along side...

Andy.

I find it difficult to imagine that the number of people liking them will
increase as more are built next to where they live.