Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
Mark Fortune Mark Fortune is offline

Default Need an adhesive for a CRT coil

wrote:

Use Silicone sealant !

I think I have some of that hermetite stuff I used to use on the car
gaskets. red or blue?

the Vertical Coil runs around 30 to 120 Cycles /second barely audible
the Horizontal Coil runs around 15000 cycles/ second .

Ah, it might be the H coil then, im not sure. what I know is the coil is
loose and im fairly certain its the source of the noise. Reason being I
tightened it a little the other day by pulling it tightish and
re-soldering one of the ends, that seems to have quietenned it somewhat
but I didnt pull it too tight through fear of snapping the cable.
Perhaps I could try unsoldering one end and partially re-winding it over
the weekend. This also seems to have reduced, but not eliminated, the
other problem I was having of flyback lines appearing across the top of
the screen. According to other posts im told this may be a capacitor at
fault which I intend to replace but i've found what I believe is the
timing capacitor and it's something I need to go shopping for as I dont
have one in stock.
All this for one little kitten puking in the monitor about two years ago
:\ (problem's been around since then). Had fun scraping dried vom off
the circuit board.

The Squeal is usually generated by a mechanical problem with the Flyback
Transformer.

Yukio YANO

BEWARE that some silicones are conductive until fully cured ! That
'vinegar' smell is acid which is the conductor. Great stuff if given
the time to cure.

hmm, vinegar.

GG

thanks for the advice