Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams Tony Williams is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:

What is the life expectancy of a nuclear plant?

Google on "candu".

Lots of information about the reactors that we should
be building alongside PWR's and comparison tables of
cost and working life of different reactor tecnologies.

I don't mind nuclear power, in fact it is probably
inevitable. What has dismayed me though is that the
govt first announced our continuing possession of
nuclear weapons, then a few weeks later announced
an expansion of nuclear power stations.

2+2 = Power stations designed to produce weapons
grade plutonium, and all that goes with that.

I think we should go CANDU.

--
Tony Williams.