Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Water well treatment question

According to :
I am wondering if it is possible to simply use the well as the
aeriation tank and install an air pump that will discharge air close
to the bottom of the well(but above the water pump). Wouldn't the
air bubble to the top of the water column(in my case about 400 ft.)
and remove most of the smell?

I was under the impression that aeration tanks actually spray
the liquid in the air, and remove the sulfur that way. Bubbling
air would work, but be a lot slower I think.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est