Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Help with powered duct venting

dkhedmo wrote:

Speedy Jim wrote:

Not permissible to breach the wall to the garage for this.

Up to attic should work. Screen the outlet.
I really don't think neg pressure will be a problem.

Jim

The house we're buying has a hood over the stove which does not vent, it
has a filter and recirculates the air back into the room. I take it from
your response that when we get around to making a few adjustments to the
kitchen, we would not be allowed to change the hood to a vented one and
exhaust it into the garage, which is on the other side of the wall
behind the stove, but we could theoretically vent it through the attic
and out (ranch house)?

-Karen-

Yes, metal duct thru attic to a "roof jack".

Here is one style:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS....jsp?pn=093828

Your city bldg dep't may have additional requirements.

Jim