Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Wiring Fan/Light with Remote Control

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:24:43 GMT, Jim Wheeler
wrote:

is there a way to wire a ceiling fan/light so the wall switches and the
remote control the fan/light independently?

i haven't figured out if this is possible - thanks in advance - jim

Check if you have three wires feeding your fan.

If not, the easy way I've found to change over fans and lights
operated via a single pole switch, is what Lutron created, New Maestro
Fan Controls. They have a receiver so both the fan speed and light
level can be operated from an ordinary circuit. So I've been told.

http://www.urlbee.com?7262

hth,

tom