Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default best wood for tiller

Wed, Jul 12, 2006, 11:21am (Renata)
Cost effective example. snip
Not sure where you got "free".

Cost effectives:

Rough trim plywood, laminate, final shape. Titebond II should work
fine as it won't be immersed in water. If it's "scrap" plywood, cost is
nil. Even if you buy some it won't cost much. I frequently laminate
plywood for different projects - jigs, etc. Sometime you can even get
free "scraps".

Pallet wood. I mentioned this before. Usually no telling what
type of wood, but you can get it free. If yer worried about it not
lasting, rough out a couple more. Personally, I think it'll probably
last as long as anything else. I used some for my banjo neck, only
problem is it's so hard a rasp will hardly touch it, so it's taking a
LOT of work to final shape. But now I've got a hand power planer.
Hehehe

There's more examples, but I'd have to think, and I don't feel like
thinking.

There is no such thing as "scrap" plywood, just smaller and smaller
pieces. If you can't figure out any other use for it you can always use
it for a backer piece in drilling holes.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal