Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bolt Thread Size (Damn Metric ****)

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, "dpb" wrote:

But I have to mentally compute (by 5/8 for convenient reasonable
approximation) to find out I'm actually only about 62 miles away!

Naaaah. You're an hour away. Drive faster, you get there sooner; slower,
later. Who cares about the distance?

,,,

I guess you didn't take the smiley at face value???

But, strangely enough, some folks _do_ have a yen to know the
distance---from my experience I hypothesis it tends to the folks in
cities and areas which aren't amenable to straight-line navigation
(such as the Eastern US w/ all the windy hills, etc.) that simply
consider distances as time. Being in and from an area that is all laid
off in sections, we navigate by section line and distances are what is
the innate feeling. As my other post notes, it's a case of what one is
familiar with, nothing else...