Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Waterproofing fence posts

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:45 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam quickly quoth:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I don't think you want to PAINT pressure-treated posts.

Never done it that way, and I already have a bunch of wood posts. Need to
research it, I don't think I've ever seen a wood panel fence with metal
posts.

I have, but those were there to support broken wooden posts. g

Black locust wood posts with charred ends seem to last forever.
The suggestions to plant the PT post in gravel, then add mounded
concrete on top is a good one.

LJ in Grants Pass, OR south of you guys but still in the PNW.

-
In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare
------
http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development