Posted to alt.home.repair
zyberengel zyberengel is offline

Default Gas burner

Briggs wrote:
I took my propane cooktop apart to clean it, and now one of the burners
operates erratically. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it lights late
with a big whoosh, and burns with a big yellow flame, and sometimes it
won't light at all. I'm pretty sure it's seated ok (there is a locating
pin). I would replace the burner, but all the sources I've checked have
either never heard of the model, or say that the burner is no longer made.
The cooktop is a Modern Maid KGT-583, which isn't listed on many
websites. The burner is about 8" long with a staight tube. Repair
Clinic says the part number is 0042354, but it's discontinued. Any
suggestions?

delete DELETE to reply

Could you tell me of what material it is built out of and where do you
use please
I will then be able to assess and maybe help alleviate this problem