Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avela39@hotmail.com is offline

Default No Color on My Sony trinitron tv

wrote:
Jussi Peltola wrote:
wrote:
Hello there,

I'm hoping you guys can help me with my tv query,

I just bought a second hand sony Trinitron tv and when I brought it
back home the color had gone and it only showed perfect black and white
images.

from various threads from the net, it seems the fault could be with the
chroma chip/circuit.

Now can you please tell me where i can find such part inside my tv? The
idea is to prod around the chroma chip with an insulated tool to see if
I can make the color come and go.

Any other suggestions I would be grateful for. Bytheway the teletext
seems to have color

cheers,

from London,

Alfredo

Make sure the color setting in the menu is not the culprit. It does not
affect the teletext.
Try inputting something through the SCART, does it make any difference?

I tried everything possible including using the scart, the next thing
would be to get inside the tv, im looking through some service manuel
to familarize myself before I start touching anything

How do I recognize the chroma chip?

cheers,

-A