Posted to alt.home.repair
Briggs Briggs is offline

Default Gas burner

I took my propane cooktop apart to clean it, and now one of the burners
operates erratically. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it lights late
with a big whoosh, and burns with a big yellow flame, and sometimes it
won't light at all. I'm pretty sure it's seated ok (there is a locating
pin). I would replace the burner, but all the sources I've checked have
either never heard of the model, or say that the burner is no longer made.
The cooktop is a Modern Maid KGT-583, which isn't listed on many
websites. The burner is about 8" long with a staight tube. Repair
Clinic says the part number is 0042354, but it's discontinued. Any
suggestions?

delete DELETE to reply