Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On 11 Jul 2006 17:06:02 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

As is shown by
http://www.bwea.com/media/photo/res/...osstractor.jpg most
of the land can be used as before.

That just shows an ugly industrial windmill in front of a field being
ploughed and a landscape with low rolling hills.
Subtract the industrial windmill and it would look great

These sort of appearance objections are like little children saying
they dont want to go to school cos its cold outside. While I can
sympathise ya still got to get real.

That is something we do agree about.

One of the points that is worth emphasising about the photograph is
that the land is in use, other than where the turbine base and the
(presumably) switchgear (and perhaps transformer) hut is, for
farming. That is why claims about the area of land for wind farms
are somewhat misleading.

In contrast other sorts of power stations are surrounded by a fence
and essentially sterilise the land inside the fence, though I
suppose a few may have some sheep as a cheap means of keeping the
grass short.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh