Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On 11 Jul 2006 16:49:15 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

But as the lesser of many evils, nuclear has to be considered seriously.

This really is the whole point. All options are non-ideal, the question
is just which is the best mix of options,

I think everyone would agree so far.

and nuke is a particularly strong contender.

Nuclear accounts for what? ISTR less than 5% of UK energy use.
Blowing a huge and unknown amount of money on something so dubious
for that is not what I would call a strong contender, especially as
the taxpayer will again be subsidising it in all sorts of ways, no
matter what Mr Darling may claim.

The Daily Torygraph and Scum are in favour of nuclear power. That is
a convincing reason to be against it:-)

I gather that the dodgy dossier said nothing on emissions from
transport, which are the most rapidly growing part of total
emissions.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh