Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom in PA Tom in PA is offline

Default Refrigerator runs excessively

Hi!

I thought I'd get some opinions on this problem, to be better informed,
before contacting Sears about it.

We've got a two-month old large side-by-side Sears refrigerator made, I
believe, by Whirlpool. It's noiser than I'd like, and seems to run
more than other refrigerators we've had. But maybe I'm just thinking
that because I noice the noise, which is why I'm posting my question.
It's one of the 'Energy Certified' models.

Example: Today, after a period of at least 45 minutes when the unit
hadn't been accessed (no opening of door, no access to ice), the
compressor came on (I guess it's the compressor... whatever's making
the noise) and ran for over 16 minutes. That seems to me to be a long
time to bring the temp back down. If it matters, it was only 73
degrees in the house with low humidity (Arizona), and it was pretty
full.

So.... does that sound normal or is it a sign of a problem? Any
opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom in AZ