Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.digital-tv
[email protected] jmail@fleming.tv is offline

Default Panasonic Tau Won't Turn On

Thanks for the help everyone. Well, I was hoping to avoid it, but it
looks like I'll be calling the service center.

Thanks!

John

JANA wrote:
The common cause is power supply and scan amp failures in these sets. You
will have to take it for service, unless you are experienced and have the
set-up to troubleshoot and service the set.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.

I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
will be a pain due to the size of the unit.

Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
who has an easy fix?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Fleming