Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Bolt Thread Size (Damn Metric ****)

dpb wrote:
Michael Daly wrote:
dpb wrote:

is 16" OC

16" translates into 400mm. Not so tough.

I just asked what actual dimensions were common...

You Yanks are just too insular. It's time to join the rest of the
world. ...

Seem to be doing fine as is, but thanks for asking, anyway...

I really wish that were the case. Besides, why use a second rate
measurement system when we could go with a better one. inches, feet yards
rods miles (two kinds) and no easy conversions between any of them, while in
metric you only have to worry about meters and factor them up or down by
10's.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit