Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default Deck material?

jtees4 wrote:
What do you all think I should use? What is best? Real wood (what
type?) or one of the new fake woods? ...and of course why?? Thanks for
any advice. If it matters, I am in the Northeast..Long island.

Considerations: maintenance vs. natural appearance= your choice.
I've heard very good things about the better synthetic materials, but
they don't look quite the same. I'd gather in L.I. with salt air and
sun, maintenance can a challenge. I've seen some on beach houses out
there with that weathered look. Some people like it.