Chris Nellist

Default thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles?

"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Chris Nellist" wrote
in message ...
"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Chris Nellist"
wrote in message ...
Hi, I'd be grateful for advice as to what kind of wood I would
need

snipped

Cheers for this. I might give it a go but would prefer to get a wood
sheet or strips.

Chris

Does the wood look anything like the description given of lignum vitae
on this page :

http://www.goodtimber.com/products/timberl.htm

Can't say for sure, but I think probably not. The tiles are painted and
a few have chew marks, sufficient to show that they are made of wood but
from what I can see it looks lighter-coloured than lignum vitae. I
suppose I could take 100 or so tiles and weigh them to estimate the
density if this would help someone identify the type of wood...

They are from a puzzle/game containing pieces in two shapes, namely a
45-45-90 triangle, and a rhombus with two of its angles 45 degrees. The
side of the rhombus is equal in length to the shorter sides of the
triangle. I mention this because maybe other people reading this might have
the same thing in the attic

Chris