Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Beale Geoff Beale is offline

Default OT - Tempur Matress

Stephen Dawson wrote:

Dear All,

I was just wondering if these matresses are worht the money that they
cost??

TIA

Steve

Having recently bought one, my answer would have to be "No". It seems
you pay an awful large premium for the Tempur name.

Having said that, my back problems are certainly easing as time passes,
but expect this benefit would have been the same for any of the cheaper
memory foam mattresses.

As Mary says, turning and moving around the bed is a sight to see -
think beached walrus - but mine is the thickest available mattress -
25cms and I am on the heavy side so I do sink a long way into it.

However, I used to be a hell of a fidget in bed, but now I'm hardly
aware of moving at all. I guess I only need to turn once or twice a
night, the mattress is so much more comfortable. Heat isn't a problem
for me.

I suspect that a topper would be unlikely to give such pronounced
benefits unless your existing bed is of exceptional quality.

Hope that helps.

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.