Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Ball & socket to hold mirror?

Alex Coleman wrote:
I want to mount a mirror on the side of my desktop PC so I can see
through the window to my side without moving my head.

A car overtaking mirror seems ideal and I want to mount it such that
it can swivel and be adjusted. A ball and socket would be nice but I
don't see many of these available.

(A spiral wound metal arm has too much "spring" and springs back a
distance to where it was moved from.)

Where can I get a ball & socket which has a decently wide range of
action?

Why a mirror? why cant you use a usb webcam pointed out the window and a
variable sized image on the corner of the the screen.

Webcams are not just for uploading to the web you know.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite