Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Thomas T leaking.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mr Alun Davies wrote:
The coupling between the down pipe and the pan is a sort of shaped
rubber boot, and this has perished and is leaking. Any idea where to
get a replacement - or would some form of gunge work as well?

Any god plumbers or B & Q Warehouse

I've tried my local Travis Perkins and large B&Q. This is an external
rubber boot - rather like the type that covers the universal joint on a
FWD car driveshaft.

We have one too - the original 1930s type. I'm always amazed that it hasn't
leaked but I'd like to know how to replace it when it does.

The other day I broke the cistern lid into two pieces :-( Spouse mended it
and while we don't want to replace the lot we realise that one day, if we
live that long, we'll have to.

sigh

Mary