Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central heating boilers. What make?

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
If the mains are poor it is well worth getting it replaced to a larger
bore. Once done it is done for ever.

However, check the cost. I was quoted £3k for this and then it would
have taken a further £2k to reinstate the drive.

Indeed. And the possibly uprated gas main for that 'high flow' combi.
But of course dribble doesn't worry about spending money. Provided it
isn't his...

A dedicated 22mm pipe is taken from the stoptap to the combi inlet. A
tee at the stop and then all cold outlets from this. Once a decent
mains pressure and, piped properly then no problems.

"Once" could be expensive.

I've a feeling even a new 22mm water main wouldn't provide enough flow in
this part of London where the pressure is at the minimum.

--
*A nest isn't empty until all their stuff is out of the attic

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.