Posted to alt.home.repair
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Well water level dropping - what to do?

The water level in my well is dropping, which I understand is normal for
this time of year. Once it drops below the pickup, I can't pump any more. Is
there anything that can be done to deepen the well or clean out the bottom,
or am I stuck with what I have? The well is 17 feet deep, I don't know how
much debris or mud might be at the bottom. I have a 2" pipe going into the
ground. The guy that drilled it dropped a stick of dynamite into it and blew
out the bottom, but I don't know how big of a cavity might be down there.