Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default 2 prong to 3 prong outlet conversion?

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:06:02 GMT, "peter" wrote:

An intermediate solution is to pull a separate ground
wire, and run it back to your service panel.
If you do that, you want to make sure that no ground
wire serves the devices on more than on circut, and
that each one is big enough to handle the circut it's
on.

So to serve more than one circuit, you need to pull more than one ground
wire? Wouldn't it work just as well to pull a thicker ground wire?

Probably. Esp. if you use 10 AWG wire. I mean, how likely
are you the get three simultaneous high-resistance shorts
from the same leg of your panel?

But I know that the the former works, is safe,
and is legal, and I don't know any of that for sure about
the latter.