Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Shallow well far from the garden: Pump location question

Jeannot wrote:
That was my mistake Harry. I wrongly wrote GPM, it was 898 GPH. Sorry.
Now I understand about the crane remark. And the short-time failure.

Could someone explain what a "foot valve" is and how it works? I looked
for that info and found nothing so far. Just stores.

It is a 'check valve'. Keeps the water from draining back out of the
pipe once the pump is primed. Goes right on the end of the suction
hose. It is a mandatory item for any well system. Subersibles have it
as part of the pump.

Harry K