Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Thoms Richard Thoms is offline

Default insulating large crawl space

cece e. wrote:
Ok. I have never ever insulated anything in my life. However, I have two
very large crawl spaces under my house that has to be insulated and I want
to do it myself. Any helpful hints or suggestions on successfully completing the
job and does it take a long time to do it (if you are not a professional)?
Thanks for your help

Remember that the vapor barrier goes toward the living space. So in the
crawlspace the vapor barrier goes up toward the floor, leaving the
insulation exposed below. Kind of a pain when installing since it means
the fiberglass is facing you the whole time, but that's the way it is...

Richard Thoms
President - Top Service Pros, Inc.
Connecting Homeowners and Local Home Service Professionals
Homeowners, Find a Top Service Pro -- http://www.TopServicePros.com
Service Pros, Get Listed on the Web - http://www.TopServicePros.com