Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Yamaha R-50 receiver failed

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's fascinating to see how this discussion has developed -
reassuring to see a number of people respond with support and
suggestions for my question - a little disconcerting to see a few
cases of "my answer is bigger than yours." I'm sure you all have
more pressing demands on your time than my little question. To set
your collective minds at ease, I purchased a new Sony receiver over
the weekend and am giving the old Yamaha a respectful burial.

Thanks to all!
Greg

Hope you are happy with your new purchase. We were trying to give
you the best advice that we could. I guess Mark and I both get a bit
torqued with some of the BS that people post. It is hard enough for
people to know what to make of the various advice that they get on
usenet, but when guys with specific experience with the units give
specific advice and others post generic info that may or may not be
relevant, it makes it seem like a waste of time to try to help
people. Then when someone posts something that is just plain
inaccurate, it is likely to raise a flag.
Be well. Be in touch.

Leonard

What he said.

mz