Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:16:02 +0100, Guy King wrote:

Wind turbines have a place, it's called off shore, where they are more
efficient as the wind is less disturbed by ground obstacles. Odd that off
shore isn't being pushed as hard as on shore, I wonder if the little fact
that it is more expensive to build off shore has anything to do with it?
No, it can't can it? We are building wind turbines to save the planet not
make maximum profits for shareholders..

Of course its about cost. Offshore wind is probably the future but not
until cost has dropped enough to make it compete. Until then its not a
q of maximising return but business survival. No-one is going to invest
in something that will ruin them.

NT