Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Cutting brathroom tile ON THE WALL

Keith Williams wrote:

Is there a saw blade that can be used for this using one of
1) Jig saw ?
2) Reciprocating saw ?
3) Hand held saw ?
4) Anything else ?

I'd go with 4). A RotoZip with a tile carbide (tile) bit should
make short work of wall tile. I'd build a template just enough
larger than the RotoZip foot to guide the bit.

I've had good luck cutting holes in wall tile (like 4" circles for
dryer vents). As the instructions say, it's not for floor tile
though. Floor tiles just laugh at the bits and they just sit there
and blushing.

--
Keith

I agree with # 4. Harbor freight sells inexpensive circular diamond
blades for dremel tools. Diamond blades/bits cut tile very easily.
Bob