Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Yamaha R-50 receiver failed

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's fascinating to see how this discussion has developed - reassuring
to see a number of people respond with support and suggestions for my
question - a little disconcerting to see a few cases of "my answer is
bigger than yours." I'm sure you all have more pressing demands on your
time than my little question. To set your collective minds at ease, I
purchased a new Sony receiver over the weekend and am giving the old
Yamaha a respectful burial.

Thanks to all!
Greg

Hope you are happy with your new purchase. We were trying to give you the
best advice that we could. I guess Mark and I both get a bit torqued with
some of the BS that people post. It is hard enough for people to know what
to make of the various advice that they get on usenet, but when guys with
specific experience with the units give specific advice and others post
generic info that may or may not be relevant, it makes it seem like a waste
of time to try to help people. Then when someone posts something that is
just plain inaccurate, it is likely to raise a flag.

Be well. Be in touch.

Leonard