Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bart Bervoets Bart Bervoets is offline

Default Substituting power supply transistor on Nokia 7174 tv, BUF405A

I have this one in with a blown bridge rectifier, replaced all diodes and
found BUF405A to be bad as well.
A chassis from another nokia which lookes very similar has a BUT18AF in the
same position.
Datasheets tell me this is not the same part, even while it's not far off.
Can i substitute the BUT18Af or do i have to order the original (pain in da
.... here)?
As well, has anyone experience with this chassis, common faults...
I suspect a small lightning strike but at first can't find any more bad
parts.
Thanks

Bart Bervoets