Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Moving washing machine to downstairs toilet area?

Hi all,

I was round some friends tonight and they (well 'she' mainly) were
talking of moving the washing machine out of the kitchen and into the
reasonably large downstairs toilet / closet area and fitting a
dishwasher in the vacated space in the kitchen (a 15 year dream of
hers apparently) ;-)

They asked me what I thought and I wasn't sure of a couple (at least)
of things?

Like the waste for existing hand basin in the toilet is only 1-1/4"
(and it runs down through the concrete floor then under the house
apparently) ? Would an ordinary standpipe and 'U' trap be sufficient
(with the common part shared by a tiny hand basin as well)?

They have power on the opposite side of wall that would be beside the
washing machine. Could a spur be brought up (to a 13A switched socket)
to above the worktop they intend to fit over the washing machine or
would it be best left underneath (and would there be any other issues
bringing power into that sort of space (it's not a bathroom or
kitchen))? Both power rings (u/d) are off an RCD if that helps?

Anything else?

All the best ..

T i m