Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default B&Q trampoline - any good?

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 20:12:48 +0000, raden wrote:

I'm not one who normally blows the safety nazi trumpet, but (and don't
laugh - as someone who represented the county at trampolining) you (or
your kids) can do themselves a serious injury if they come off

You have to remember that a trampoline is not a toy, it's a piece of
sports equipment which really you need to learn how to use. Even if you
don't fall off, you can break e.g. an ankle, if you have two on it, you
could lose teeth

s/trampoline/bicycle/ etc

and a tree isn't sports equipment but if they fall out of one ... etc

Bicycles and trees are not treated like toys are they ?

- that flimsy safety net doesn't look like it would stop any one

What flimsy safety net is that?

The one on the website

I haven't bought a net (they cost as much
as the tramp itself and seem far less VFM for what they are). I'm thinking
along the lines of several suitably-sized poles and some decent netting
strung between. But that's not so much for our own kids, who are fairly
praxic, as for guests (and their fretful parents).

I've had my say

--
geoff