Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Temporaire water into insulation could affect insulation and floor rafters?

Hello,

I did start to do an extension of my cottage.
I did create the concrete footings, 15 inches high from ground and
build the floor on top of them using 2 x 8 rafters.
I did use R28 pink insulation between rafters. I did use 2 layers of
vinyl, one under the rafters to support insulation and the other on
top. Then I did cover with plywood.
After first rain (even I did cover the floor), some water was
infiltrated between 2 layers of vinyl, where the insulation is. I did
make some holes on lower vinyl layer, to remove the water. Most part of
water poured.

My question is: Will be the water still present into the insulation?
What do you suggest to me in order dry the insulation. Or the water
will evaporate in time?
I hope this situation is present until the walls and roof are
completed.

Thanks,
Christian