Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Firefox/OE NNTP

Swingman wrote:
"damian penney" wrote in message

i.e He is trying to get shut of AOL and wanted to know "WTF is the NNTP
for PeoplePC" which is still news.peoplepc.com. Avast ye Swingman.

Revisionism on your part ...here's the quote:

"Trying to get a rational--non-Google, in other words--NG set up. AOHell is
no help. I'm hoping the above EarthLink info will work."

Now, Charlie never really answered my point blank question about what ISP he
was using, but you assumed that he did, that he was using peoplePC, and you
jumped in based on your assumption.

You may well have just gotten lucky this time, but pay attention to the
voice of experience when I tell you it is prudent to not ever assume
_anything_ when trouble shooting network problems.

That said, and since Charlie has been bitching about, and has had trouble
with, AOL for a long time, I hope you're right ... here's hoping he finally
did get off that sour tit and onto to something like EarthLink/et al.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/21/06

Not yet. I have both PeoplePC and AOL on this computer. I use them
alternately to try to get PeoplePC up where it can totally replace AOL,
at least for MY use. My wife likes it, so it will hang around. At the
moment, I don't have a google set up on PipplePC to get to this NG, so
I'm using the AOL google deal, which anyway is easier to read.

Maybe in a week or so, if I don't have too much work to do, I'll get it
all straightened out.