Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Park Bench

"Greg O" wrote in message
I friend on mine has a wrought iron park bench he wants me to cut some wood
for.
The question has come up, "Which wood?".
Anteing semi-exotic is out of the question. Something readily available at
the local yard. We kind of through in the towel and my just use clear
pine, with a good penetrating fence/deck seal. I though maybe white oak,
but I am not sure if I can find any. Ipe is out of the question as nobody
around here has it, and I don't want to ship some in, or work with it
either.
Greg

I did this for a customer about 6 years ago. I used Ipe. The benches are
still in great shape and I suspect they will be with no splinters for
another 45 years with no protection.