Posted to rec.woodworking
damian penney damian penney is offline

Default Firefox/OE NNTP

Swingman wrote:
"damian penney" wrote in message

i.e He is trying to get shut of AOL and wanted to know "WTF is the NNTP
for PeoplePC" which is still news.peoplepc.com. Avast ye Swingman.

Revisionism on your part ...here's the quote:

"Trying to get a rational--non-Google, in other words--NG set up. AOHell is
no help. I'm hoping the above EarthLink info will work."

Oh stop, how are direct quotes revisionism?

his original post was

Set up with both Firefox and OE for NG use, but...WTF is the NNTP for
PeoplePC use?

Any help there?

Charlie Self

That was all. Then he followed up with

My grandson finally got the blinking machine straightened out, but the
problems I have with AOL are apparently some kind of screwed up code
that AOL uses, and there are a host of problems. I'm slowly moving out
of it. "

Getting lucky has nothing to do with it. He asked what PeoplePCs news
server was, and I, in my infinite wisdom answered his plea; then you
had to go and bamboozle him with science ;-)

How about we just leave it at I was right and you were wrong

dp