Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andrew.taylor@cantab.net is offline

Default aaargh - washing machine input hose come out of fitment

Steve Walker wrote:
soup wrote:
wrote:
BTW What's the purpose of the check valve?

No expert, but does that not stop the flow back into the mains,
saving "contaminated" water flowing into the mains and possibly
another user getting this "contaminated water . Badly explained
but the idea is there .

Yep - called a checkvalve, now standard for a lot of fittings.

Just for completeness, there's a (rather blurry) photo of my "valve"

at
http://snipurl.com/t0b3

As I said, it's about 2"" long, and 1.2" wide at widest point. The blue
bit is what screws on to the water supply. The text on it is

SL
EPP-WS
90(degrees)C-MAX
0,2-10 bar

Thanks to all who gave advice yesterday. I've calmed down a bit now..

Andrew