Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:46:10 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

Both coal mining and oil extraction are dangerous industries, and kill lots
of workers.

The same can be said of uranium mining.

It could be said, but it would not really be correct.
Most uranium is IIRC open cast mining.

Fascinating. So, do you think that coal mining in Canada, Australia
and South Africa consists of Dai Williams going down in a cage to
hew coal from a narrow seam with his trusty pick and shovel?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh