Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Cross Pete Cross is offline

Default McCulloch 270X petrol strimmer

The plastic guard around the string head had gradually disintegrated and the
primer bulb was about to crumble up, I found a stockist for spares and also
asked for a washer and spring from the string head, they sent a complete new
head!
Does anyone know how the old one is held on ? just behind the head is a
collar that slips out of the head revealing a nut, but is the nut part of
the drive cable or part of the head, nb the new one looks a lot differant to
the orig even though the packaging has the right model.
It also interested me that the parts are from Electrolux ! of all
places.......
they also appear to own Flymo and Husqvarna.

Pete