Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default What is the general concensus on Hitachi power tools?

"Jeff Bennett" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking at a 10"compound miter saw on Amazon for 169. Yay or Nay?

Jeff

I haven't bought any tools recently that required me to compare hitachi
against. I suppose my SCMS purchase would have qualified but I went with
the Makita based on numerous feedbacks. In any case, I have a hard time
looking at a tool that they purposely make to look like something out of
Alien. That tells me they're more about marketing than performance. I
know that sounds silly but that's just me. Until they get rid of their
hideous looks, I won't bother.
Cheers,
cc