Posted to misc.consumers.house
R. Kannan R. Kannan is offline

Default Whirlpool washer - lid switch malfunction

Sorry false alarm. I did not pull the dial to start the washer. It seems to
work when the switch is kept pressed.

I could notget the lod switch to work properly. So taped the switch
permanently pressed. Any problems operating the washer that way (with the
lid closed ofcourse)?

TIA

Kannan wrote:

Hi

I have a 15 year old Whirlpool washer (Model no. LA6800XT). It stopped
spinning with the lid closed. I used a screwdriver in place of the lid
plunger and when I pressed on the plastic lever, the washer started
spinning. So I took the lid switch assembly out (with plastic lever
rocking on a plastic frame tight fitted on the actual switch) without
opening up the washer. When I press the switch button the washer started
spinning fine. I had to open the washer body to put the switch back again.
When I put everything back again, the switch stopped working even with a
screwdriver in place of the lid plunger. I tested the line across the
switch and it closed the line when I pressed the switch button indicating
the switch was working fine. Did I blow a fuse or something when I kept
pressing and releasing the switch. BTW, the washer seems to go through
cycle and fills the tub, it just does not spin.

TIA for any help.