Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Wilson Fred Wilson is offline

Default What do these numbers on a cable splitter really mean?

The TV both analog and digital is clear BUT on the digital channels the
sound skips sometimes and does not match up to the picture.

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Fred Wilson" wrote in message
. ..
Follow-up if I may...

So is it possible to drive the signal too much?

Where might I find the best splitter to up in there? I have the modem off
one leg and a digital tv off the other. Can I get a splitter that directly
passes through the signal on both output legs with no signal loss?

Normally you can not have too much signal comming from the main cable. You
can not get a splitter with out any loss. Think of the signal as money in
the bank. YOu only have so much to start with. It is up to you to decide
on what to do with it. If you spend a lot on food, it leaves less for say
playing golf. You decide if you want stake or hambuger and a good set of
clubs or a less expensive set. You can get a booster or amplifier for the
signals to the TV sets if they are not clear.