Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Link Belt for VS Jet

"JimC" wrote: (clip) I have a Jet 1236VS and have been wondering why
installing a link belt would not be recommended. (clip)
I used one on my Jet 1236, and found no problems. I worked better than the
original belt, and offers a few advantagesL:

1.) Less vibration.
2.) Length can be changed in 1/2" increments, which allows you to fine tune
the speed range.
3.) If the belt breaks, and the rest of the belt is still good, you can
replace two or three links, instead of the shole belt. On the Jet 1236, it
is easy to stall the drive, which causes the motor pulley to spin against a
spot, causing local damage.