Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] onetoughmonkey@gmail.com is offline

Default Mysterious Water on Carpet

I came home from a week-long vacation to find the carpet in the doorway
to my bedroom wet. It didn't appear wet at first, but when you step on
it, water would seem to seep up from the carpet pad. I discovered by
stomping around a bit that the water seems to continue a few feet down
the wall. I have no idea where it came from. There is a bathroom on the
other side of the wall, but I see no signs of any leakage in there.
Could a leaking pipe in the wall cause the carpet in the bedroom to be
wet, but show no signs in the bathroom?

And where do I go from here? I have no idea if the problem is still
happening or if it was a one time thing. I guess need to get a wet vac
and dry the carpet as best as I can and then see if it gets wet again.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? If this is a sign of a larger
problem, I know I need to get it taken care of as soon as possible.