Posted to alt.home.repair
P. Thompson P. Thompson is offline

Default mismeasured Marvin window replacements?

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, dpb wrote:

Why come here first? Should have contacted the supplier when you first
noticed the problem and before you even finished the installation of
the first one. If they did the measurements, the ball was in their
court until you modified something and added to the problem of them now
having multiple non-new units. Now, it's still an issue they should
resolve but it undoubtedly will be more trouble than it would have been
for at least the ones you have unpackaged.

Umm, because all this happened yesterday afternoon and they're not open
till Monday and I'd like to call with some ideas of what to ask for.

It was my first effort at putting in windows and I was not convinced that
there was a problem with anything other than the person doing the
installation until after I had one room done. In retrospect, your idea of
stopping early would have been better, but that's water under the bridge
now. I'm not convinced that the installed windows need to be returned,
just remilled on one edge to be about .25" smaller.

I do have nine more windows for four more rooms that are not installed.