Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Central heating boilers. What make?

"Willi" wrote in message
Hello
This is probably an imposable question to answer, but I'll ask anyway.
I will be moving to a house that has no central heating (apart from warm
air which I will be taking out).

Wrong move. Johnson & Starley have some superb replacement forced air units
with electrostatic air filters, modulating burners and fans and very quiet.
They also cool by moving air in summer. And no rads. You can also add
outside air ventilation too.

What I was needing to know is, What is a decent make of boiler these days?
I was thinking along the lines of Potterton/Ideal/

Bad boilers.

Glow worm?

The condenser is good, made by Vaillant.

I will be looking for wall hung, condensing, good efficiency. Not Combi,
for a 4 bedroom house. vented fully pumped system.

......are you a member of the flat earth society as well?

Any clue to a good make/model/range to start looking at. I think I would
be prepared to spend about £1000 for a good reliable boiler.
Regards, Will

Spend more. Viessmann, Eco-Hometec, Atmos, Etag, Quantum and Geminox.